Re: XForms: Re: Help_me for fdesign, from Kristo

Tano Fotang (fotang@yahoo.com)
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 13:00:14 -0700 (PDT)

--- Kristo Komsalov <kristo@cybcom.net> wrote:

> In installation of glibc2 You can select any
> directory of installation
> and than export
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=any.directory:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
> But these is not enough, fdesign search in /lib for
> ld-linux.so.2
> no matter where point LD_LIBRARY_PATH,

I dont use LD_LIBRARY_PATH but i think fdesign ought
to find yout libraries. I use /etc/ld.so.config.

> Why exist 088.glibc.gz ELF version of xforms.
> Why is difference between these 2 ELF versions.
> Is my compiled application will run only on
> ELF+glibc systems
> never mind that do not use glibc in them.
> In what ???? :-)

glibc (GNU libc) is a replacement for the older libc. glibc binaries
will not run on libc-based systems.
See http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/libc.html
for more.