Re: XForms: Red Hat 9 & XForms - solved

From: David Scriven (davidwriter@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 18 2003 - 00:48:46 EDT

     --- Angus Leeming
    <angus.leeming@btopenworld.com> wrote: >
    > I meant, "have all your object files in your
    > program been compiled against the
    > new ctype.h". If some were compiled against the
    > old, RH7.3, header file, then
    > they will of course be expecting to find the
    > equivalent library routines at
    > link time. Does the problem persist with "make
    > clean; make"?

    The problem related to there being old versions
    of the libraries libforms.a, libflimage.a etc.
    which I had compiled with gcc 2.96 (the version
    that comes with 7.3).

    The problem really comes from the fact that
    a 'make clean' doesn't remove the old libraries
    and they were referred to during the compile.
    Whatever methodology for compiling is used in the
    future needs to work around this.

    Regards,
    David
    http://savannah.nongnu.org/files/?group=xforms