Re: XForms: XForms 1.0 Release Candidate 5.1

From: Angus Leeming (a.leeming@ic.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 11:04:56 EDT

    On Tuesday 01 October 2002 7:14 pm, spl@ncmir.ucsd.edu wrote:

    > I've made several changes which should fix the jpeg problems
    > some have reported.
    >
    > You may find the sources at
    >
    > ftp://ncmir.ucsd.edu/pub/xforms/OpenSource/xforms-1.0RC5.1.tg
    >
    > Note that I blew away all the other Release Candidates but
    > that shouldn't be a problem since they are obsolete, anyhow.
    > If someone desparately needs one, let me know.
    >
    > I've successfully built under Red Hat, SuSE, FreeBSD, Solaris,
    > and IRIX. Please check the file `00README' in the root
    > distribution directory for details.

    Not sure that I've done anything to deserve a mention, but
    thanks ;-)

    You ain't going to like me for this, but

    #define InstallNonstandard YES
    #define XFormsNonstandardInstallDir /usr/local

    buggers things up:

    + gcc -o ./libforms.so.1.0~ -shared -Wl,-soname,libforms.so.1
    [snip]
    xdraw.o xpopup.o xsupport.o xtext.o xyplot.o -L/usr/local/lib
    -lXext -lX11 -lXpm -lc
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXext

    I'm installing the thing in /usr/local/lib, I'm not looking for
    the X11 libs there (which are of course in /usr/X11R6/lib).

    Easy to hack round, but that's presumably not the point.

    Angus