XForms: Primary XForms FTP server down for reconfiguration

From: Steve Lamont (spl@szechuan.ucsd.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 20:47:50 EST

    The primary FTP server for XForms will be down for a system
    reconfiguration for approximately three hours this coming Thursday,
    March 30, from approximately 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM, Pacific Standard Time
    (California, USA).

    That's from 2300, March 30 to 0200, March 31, Coordinated Universal
    Time, if I did my arithmetic correctly.

    This should markedly improve the speed of access as we are retiring
    the old Sun 4/370 (no, I'm not joking -- we also spot the odd wooly
    mammoths roaming the lab here, too) and replacing it with a Sun
    Enterprise 450.

    The hostname will remain the same, so there should be no need to
    change any existing links, but the IP address will change. With luck,
    the change will propagate through the DNS with satisfactory dispatch.

    The mirror sites should be functioning as normal, should you need your
    XForms fix during that time.

    Please feel free to email me if you have any questions or concerns.

                                                            spl