RE: XForms: Some explanations(Goodies Problem)

Sexton, Veronica (sextonv@doimex1.sill.army.mil)
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 09:04:50 -0700

I have run into this problem under certain window managers. For
example, on 4Dwm on SGI machines, if you have your settings to "point to
focus" and tell an XForms window to be full-screen with no borders, then the
keyboard focus will go to a terminal window. I believe there may be other
circumstances that this occurs, but have not pursued them. It may be that
the goodie that popped up caused the re-focusing, and if the window manager
is not set to "click to focus", then the keyboard focus is lost to a
terminal. I don't use the goodies much, and have not had the occasion to
use the ones with no borders, so I was able to add borders to my windows to
get around the problem (since the app I was writing was to be used by people
who, like me, DON'T like the click to focus mode). I would rather have no
borders, but it just causes too many problems in the environment I am in.