Re: XForms: Color Themes

Stephen Huyssoon (huyssoons@advancia.com)
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 09:46:38 -0500

Steve Lamont wrote:

> > I'm afraid that that's as technical as I can get about it. I've just noticed
> > that if I change the color theme of my WM, be it KDE, WindowMaker, or
> > Afterstep, most of the applications that I launch afterwards take on the same
> > color.
>
> Bizarre. Not my cup of tea, I'm afraid. If I set something to be some color,
> I don't want the window manager mucking with it.
>
> I'd check in the Interclient Communication section of the first volume of the
> O'Reilly series for starters.

I think the window manager controls the window colors for the
windows that it owns, which will be the outermost frame and
decorations. The window manager is an X11 client that is not
privileged except that the window manager is sent configure
request events for any child of the root window. Only one such
client can exist.

Surely, your XForms windows are enclosed in your window manager
frames that change colors with all the other frames?

I'm interested now.

Ok, I just ran the "arrowbutton" demo that comes with the
XForms distribution and then changed my window manager
color scheme and the XForms demo frame changed colors with
the rest of my window frames. Cool. Now, what were you
saying?

I'm running the Window Maker window manager that comes with
Red Hat 5.2.

I get the feeling I missed something you were saying.

Boingers, and adieu.

--
  (Stephen Huyssoon)
  (huyssoons@advancia.com)							  www.advancia.com

To Infinity and Beyond! -- Me and Buzz Lightyear

The Truth cannot be proven nor disproven, it simply Is.

Derick's Writ of Habeas Corpus: Ok, back on your heads! _________________________________________________ To unsubscribe, send the message "unsubscribe" to xforms-request@bob.usuhs.mil or see http://bob.usuhs.mil/mailserv/xforms.html XForms Home Page: http://bragg.phys.uwm.edu/xforms List Archive: http://bob.usuhs.mil/mailserv/list-archives/