Re: XForms: libforms.so.0.88

T.C. Zhao (tc_zhao@yahoo.com)
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 06:02:20 +1100 (EST)

---Marcelo Guerreiro da Silva <mgs@caa.uff.br> wrote:
Guerreiro da Silva) :

> setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /the/path/to/libforms.so.0.88
> -------------------------------
> Good I already did this, but I think it isn't the problem.

yes, it is the problem. The loader can't locate libforms.so.0.88.

Steve also said that if libforms.so.0.88 is
/usr/foo/bar/libforms.so.0.88
you should do setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/foo/bar so I hope
you tried that.
If this failed to work, you might want to tell us what platform
you're on. I remember on some weird machines, the env variable
is not named LD_LIBRARY_PATH but something else. Also reading
the cc and ld man page should give you some idea what to do.
If you tried and still can't make it work, just
mv libforms.0.88 libforms_shared_or_whatever
and relink you app, this time, the static lib should get linked in.
You can always come back and try to figure out why the
shared lib is not working on your machine.