Tiling background pixmaps. (fwd)

Joe Saland (jrs@aleph.insurgent.com)
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 20:53:47 -0500 (EST)

I recently sent this message to this list, and I didn't see it echo back
to me so maybe it didn't go out. I certainly didn't get any responses to
it. If anyone can help, please, I would appreciate it.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 02:17:47 -0500 (EST)
From: Joe Saland <jrs@aleph.insurgent.com>
To: xforms@bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil
Subject: Tiling background pixmaps.

Is there an easy way to setup background pixmaps for your application.
For instance, I want this gui I am working on (my mesa/mud client) to have
a snazy, marbelized look using xpm's (for those of you with XawXpm you
know what I am talking about). I figured I could just drop in some
pixmaps in the proper area of the application, for instance a really large
one over the main window, and lower it so that it is at the bottom, and
then set it to a small xpm pixmap. The problem I run into is to make
xforms tile the image througout the pixmap area. Is there a simple way to
do this? I am using seamlesly tileable xpm's, i just need to know how to
make it happen :)

Joe Saland
Admin of Insurgent Networks

jrs@aleph.insurgent.com